Sunday 28 January 2018

Painting the Roses Red

This year, in the spirit of both New Year's Resolutions and bucket lists, I started a 101 in 1001 list.  Details on my bucket list/resolutions can be found here.  One of the items I wanted to check off my list was to paint a painting, so to get my list rolling before January is gone the husband and I booked a date night at a sip and paint event place.  We decided to support local and visit Pinot's Palette in the Junction, and walked over Saturday night after dinner.

One of the ideas of this list is to help expand my horizons, do things I've always wanted to do, and in many cases push myself outside of my regular comfort zone.  I think it's important to show the minions that something can be fun and worth trying, even if you aren't that good at it.  My grandmother Alice was a painter, I am not.

Apparently the last Friday in January is typically when most people abandon their New Year's Resolutions...and it's called fail Friday, so it seemed like the perfect day to take on a challenge from my list!  After watching some Bob Ross painting on Netflix, we decided painting a winter cabin would be the perfect selection.  We put on our aprons, grabbed some beer, and followed our instructor's lead.  It was challenging and fun, and I'm glad we did it.

In our festive aprons we're ready to get started!


As we finished our paintings I realized that the last time I painted anything other than a wall in my house I was in grade nine art class.  So, It's been nearly 25 years since I picked up a brush! 

My winter cabin 

Here are Chris & My paintings side by side


While I don't think I'm going to give up my spot at my laptop writing any time soon and host my own art show, painting was fun, rewarding, and relaxing.  Molly has decided that she wants us to hang both eerily similar paintings on the wall above her bed.  So at least we have one fan. 

Stay tuned for some regular updates of some of my more noteworthy list items as I cross them off the list. 

To get access to the newest posts from Multiple Momstrosity and more on Facebook click here and follow today

Follow 
Multiple Momstrosity on Twitter @Sarabethbug


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete