Wednesday 10 August 2016

I Don't Want to Grow Up: Reflections on Turning 5

Each year I've written a little bit about Molly and Jack on their birthdays.Since their third birthday, when they were old enough to answer some questions themselves, so I started asking.  Along with their annual "night before birthday" photo, I've added this annual list of questions to the many traditions we want to enjoy with the minions.  Here is what they had to say this year.

Molly Age 5

What is your favourite colour?
Purple and pink and blue

What is your favourite toy? 
My favourite toy is my princess Barbies because I can always make them dance.

What is your favourite food?
Rice and meatballs.

What is your favourite song?
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (Because there is a diamond in it and that's my favourite part)

What is your favourite movie? 
Tangled

What is your favourite animal? 
Butterflies because I saw butterflies everywhere at the zoo.



What is your favourite book? 
Alligator Pie by Dennis Lee

What is your favourite drink? 
Milk

What do you sleep with at night?
"Blankie, but I don't suck my thumb with it anymore." (This is a lie and I make a skeptical face.)
 "Fine, well I didn't suck it last night."

What do you want to be when you grow up? 
I want to own my own restaurant and be a Chef and serve people.  It will be called Minnie's Circus.


My big hikers at the Scenic Caves this past June


Jack Age 5

What is your favourite colour?
Blue and Green

What is your favourite toy? 
BB8 Toy.  Is he a droid?  Or my Jack in the Box, because it scares daddy.

What is your favourite food?
Ice cream, popsicles, freezies, and cupcakes.

What is your favourite song?
Jack"That song by ACDC where Angus is shirtless and playing guitar."
Me "Isn't that all of them?"
Jack (in rock star yell) "YEAH!!!!"


What is your favourite movie? 
Star Wars Episode Seven, but I don't like Kylo Ren.  I want to kill him.

What is your favourite animal? 
Horsey


What is your favourite book? 
Knuffle Bunny by Mo Willems

What is your favourite drink? 
Cranberry juice

What do you sleep with at night?
A stuffy, like a teddy bear.

What do you want to be when you grow up? 
I want to wear a dinosaur mask and I'll fight Bigfoot.  Bigfoot is real, right?

At least this year he recognizes that he can't become a dinosaur, that's progress?

To read about Molly and Jack on their fourth birthday click here.


To get access to the newest posts from Multiple Momstrosity and more on Facebook click here and follow today!

No comments:

Post a Comment