Wednesday 23 October 2013

The Itsy Bitsy Spider

Toddlers are destructive forces, just ask the four pairs of sunglasses I've had to replace over the past six months that have faced the wrath of Jack.  Chris keeps telling me to move them to a higher shelf when I'm not wearing them.  The issue is I'm only 5 foot 1 and unless I want to carry a foot stool wherever I go, other things like my real glasses and cell phone take upper shelf priority. 

Because of Captain Destructor* we've had to be very cautious about which seasonal decorations we put within smashing reach around the house.  The plan was to focus our decorations on the outside of the house this year.  Unfortunately, our front porch was literally crumbling down and to avoid a lawsuit from angry parents of Trick or Treaters we opted for an early October renovation.  This however has put my outside and inside non-breakable festive decorations on hold as it's currently unreachable until the porch is complete.

Until we can reclaim our front stoop I've had to allow one decoration and festive craft to fill my Halloween spirits.  Inspired by the Martha Stewart Halloween Magazine, behold my Halloween bouquet.  Martha does it better, but I'm fairly certain she didn't purchase most of her supplies from Dollarama.





Want Multiple Momstrosity updates on Facebook click here

*Jack was promoted to Captain from Officer after he broke six of our sandwich plates and two Correlle pieces which I thought were supposed to survive the Apocalypse.

1 comment:

  1. I've called Corelle when a bowl of theirs broke and they mailed me a free replacement in the same pattern.

    ReplyDelete